Improving Mitochondrial Function For Increased Health & Vitality
If you’re like most people, including me, you’re all ears when it comes to learning how to increase the length and quality of your life. One approach is to nourish your cells, specifically the mitochondria within them.
Since you can’t actually see the trillions of cells you have, it can be hard to imagine how to keep e tiny, yet extremely important parts healthy.
Your mitochondria set the foundation for your overall health. With that said, let’s go over what they do for you and how to improve their function.
WHY IS MITOCHONDRIAL HEALTH SO IMPORTANT?
Your cells are small but mighty! As the building blocks for your entire body, it’s no surprise that the condition of your cells is reflected in your overall health.
Mitochondria are one of the most important functional structures of a cell. It makes sense that they’re known as the “power plant” of your body when you consider all that they do:
- Convert food and oxygen into the energy you need to survive. Just how much energy? Mitochondria pump out ten thousand times more energy (gram for gram) than the sun.
- Produce signaling molecules that regulate cell communication. When cell communication is interrupted it breeds illness and disease.
- Every cell (except red blood cells) contains mitochondria. In fact, cells in parts of your body that require the most energy (heart, brain and muscles), have thousands of mitochondria at work.
- Create ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) that your body relies on to function and grow.
There are two fuel sources for Mitochondria:
1) Glucose and oxygen (combined)
- Common in a high carbohydrate diet
- A by-product of fat burning
- Produced in your liver when carbohydrates (sugar) are restricted
- The preferred fuel source for mitochondria
HOW KETONES IMPROVE MITOCHONDRIAL FUNCTION
- Destroy cell membranes
- Damage DNA
- Encourage disease
- Drive inflammation
- Speed age related changes in appearance (wrinkles, sagging skin, graying/loss of hair)
WANT HEALTHY MITOCHONDRIA? FOCUS ON DIET!
- Sugar and unhealthy fats damage your mitochondria
- Your mitochondria thrive when they use healthy fat for fuel
- Fat for fuel helps vitamin absorption, hunger control and boosts metabolism
- promote fat burning and the production of ketones.
- reduce oxidative stress.
HEALTHY MITOCHONDRIA ARE THE KEY TO A HEALTHY YOU!
"Yes, these really are burpless. No fishy taste at all. My eye doctor recommended fish oil for my dry eyes so I ordered these. As it turns out, they ended up helping with stiffness in my knees also. Great product!"
Kevin M. Jakov - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Know Your Body - Know Your Health